DIRECTOR OF CLUB OPERATIONS PROFILE:
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, CO
DIRECTOR OF CLUB OPERATIONS OPPORTUNITY AT SNOWMASS CLUB
An opportunity exists for candidates with a successful track-record of leadership and high-quality club operations management in private club or high-end establishments in the hospitality industry. We are conducting the Director of Club Operations search for an upscale, active year-round country club in Snowmass Village, CO. The Director of Club Operations (DOCO) shall be responsible for the proper management and execution of many aspects of the Club’s activities and operations. Working closely with the Managing Partner and ownership group, to whom he/she directly reports, the DOCO will be part of a highly engaged team of professionals that are dedicated to the continuous pursuit of excellence in all that they do! Continuous focus on incremental improvement in service, personalization of the experience and collaboration and coordination will be of great importance to one’s success in this role. Unremitting refinement of concepts, execution, and innovation are innate characteristics that the DOCO will need in order to be successful.
Click here to see a brief video about this opportunity.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND AREAS OF FOCUS
The successful Director of Club Operations will:
- Possess a demonstrated ability to lead others by setting a great example, being very even tempered, poised, persuasive and humble.
- Be a “Courageous Thought Partner” with the key team members as they continue to evolve.
- Recognize that “no dream is too big” when it comes to enhancing the operation and/or experience for the Members and their guests, the ability to conceptualize, articulate and, when appropriate, execute on such dreams is critical.
- Act as a positive, upbeat leader, who intuitively exemplifies the standards of decorum and has the experience necessary to meet the mission of the Snowmass Club, proactively leading the team to provide world-class service and the highest quality in all that they do.
- Recognize that the role requires an active presence, with a five to six-day work week in-season, followed by an appropriate ‘rebalancing’ during the shoulder months when the Club is very slow.
- Maintain a sharp focus on the key priorities, goals and objectives that have been mutually established and reviewed in conjunction with the ownership group.
- Have ten years of experience in the hospitality field and a minimum of five years in a significant management role with proven results.
- Experience with managing and developing member programs and enhancing existing programs.
SNOWMASS CLUB AND COMMUNITY
Located 8,000 feet above sea level amid landmark mountain peaks and a short drive from Aspen, Snowmass Club offers unparalleled access to America’s most famous mountain town and some of the finest skiing in the world. The Club’s fractional ownership residences provide members the opportunity to access all of the Club’s and resort’s recreational and lifestyle offerings in a luxurious setting. The natural beauty and spectacular amenities of Snowmass Club include an award-winning 18-hole championship Jim Engh golf course. Downhill skiing along with Nordic skiing and snowshoeing are just a few minutes away via the Club’s private shuttle. Other amenities include a 19,000-square-foot athletic club, 11 outdoor tennis courts, two indoor Har-Tru tennis courts, four swimming pools with a year-round lap pool and family pool, two indoor and three outdoor whirlpools, two saunas and two steam rooms, and massage rooms.
Dining and catering options include the casually elegant Sage Restaurant & Patio with a fabulous over-sized deck, an expansive wine selection, Colorado microbrews on tap, and the best views of Mt. Daly. The Sage Bar & Living Room offers a warm, casual atmosphere, with rustic furnishings, a cracking stone hearth fireplace, abundant menu choices, an extensive wine list and specialty cocktails. The Black Saddle Bar & Grille is located at the Snowmass Club Golf Clubhouse, has an outdoor deck and equally impressive views of Snowmass' spectacular scenery, a ranch-motif design reflective of Snowmass' history and 5,400 square feet of outdoor space available for tenting, the clubhouse is a perfect setting for weddings and catered events. Other private dining rooms include the Anderson room with views of the Elk Mountain Range for groups up to 20, The Club Room with an oak bar for groups up to 40, and the Daly Room banquet hall for groups up to 140 persons.
SNOWMASSCLUB BY THE NUMBERS:
- $50,000 Golf Initiation fee/Fitness $20,000 initiation fee
- $4.5 Annual dues
- $9M Gross volume Club
- $1 Million Food & beverage volume
- 1,150 Members
- 160 Employees (FTE) in-seasons; 120 shoulder-seasons
- Privately owned, purchased from Toll Brothers in December 2018
- 39 Fractional Ownership Residences, 2 Bedrooms up to 5 bedrooms
- 2 Club Owned Residences
- 20 Employee Housing Apartments
SNOWMASS CLUB WEBSITE: www.snowmassclub.com
- Athletic Club Manager
- Building & Facilities Manager
- Director of Golf
- Executive Chef
- F&B Director
- Head Tennis Professional
- Membership Sales Director
- Residences Manager
DIRECTOR OF CLUB OPERATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Club Operations (DOCO) works closely with the Managing Partner and ownership group to ensure the highest level of member service and satisfaction. As a “team player,” and leader, the Director of Club Operations will help guide the Club’s hospitality professionals to create a work culture resulting in operations that run smoothly and consistently from day to day and from season to season. Member and guest satisfaction and enjoyment of the high-quality service experience at Snowmass are primary drivers to the Club’s overall success.
The Director of Club Operations, as a strong and highly visible presence with the team members, must be an exceptional communicator, have excellent personal interactive skills, and know how create a culture to make members and guests feel that they are consistently being taken care of. Further, he/she must be able to communicate these expectations to a diverse staff and positively motivate them to understand and execute to those expectations. Previous experience in a seasonal club will be a valuable asset.
To achieve these goals and objectives, it is expected that the new DOCO must:
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Have sound financial management skills including the ability to oversee the preparation and management of annual operating and multi-year capital budgets supporting the strategic and tactical initiatives and expectations that s/he has established.
- Develop business reporting, consolidating financial information from all departments for daily reporting.
- Have familiarity, working knowledge of Jonas, MS Office and industry specific applications.
- Be skilled and experienced with inventory and cost controls, vendor relations and negotiations.
- Ensure that member satisfaction is always the first priority. Be a consistent and positive force behind the creation and continuous enhancement of all aspects of the Snowmass Club.
- Be experienced in and a catalyst for identifying new programs/services and enhancing existing programming for members and their guests to increase club usage, member satisfaction, and member retention.
- Recognize, respect, and support the contributions of key managers and staff. Ensure that appropriately skilled and competent departmental managers are in place for all key positions and that each of them does the same in their respective areas of responsibility. Set standards of performance for all departments and hold them accountable for maintaining these standards.
- Maintain an environment and overall atmosphere for management/staff that promotes and values appropriate and responsible contributions to the Club’s success. Ensure that all staff are focused on positive, supportive relationships amongst themselves and with the membership.
- Provides leadership to personnel through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication. Maintains a good information flow and ensures personnel are thoroughly and timely informed of changes. Conducts meetings to inform, train, and seek solutions to identified problems. Ensures employees understand Club policies and procedures and the importance of superb member service.
- Promotes teamwork and management through empowerment. Encourages employee involvement, suggestions and problem-solving
QUALITY HOSPITALITY – EXPERIENCE
- Provide an exceptional golfing experience for members and guests with service levels, programming and course conditions of the highest quality.
- Oversee concierge services
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Ensure that the residential experience, from reservations to shuttle, check-in through checkout and shuttle to the airport are flawless.
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a four/five-diamond level.
- Institute a program of regular inspections to see that standards are maintained.
- Responsible for delivering personalized experiences based on member preferences and history.
IN SUMMARY, KEY ATTRIBUTES AND AREAS OF FOCUS ARE:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing Food & Beverage operations.
- Assure excellent food and beverage production and service for all outlets.
- Consistently provide superb dining and other food and beverage experiences for the Club members and guests.
- Provide the opportunity for “Special Events” to members and guests.
- Develop and enhance consistent training programs for all food service personnel, working as necessary with the managers directly responsible for those operations; has a passion and aptitude for teaching and training.
- Establish and consistently enhances quantity and quality operating standards for personnel in areas of responsibility, and consistently evaluates their knowledge, understanding, and execution to these standards.
- Develop financial metrics to monitor goals and objectives in F&B operations.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Deliver an experience to members and guests that exceeds their expectations.
- Effective financial management skills through oversight of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Sincere and consistent member and staff engagement.
- Attentiveness to member services, programming and satisfaction.
- Process driven leadership; setting standards of performance and execution and ensuring that they are consistently maintained is critical.
- Ensure a strong team through good hiring, training, communication, and developing a culture of teamwork.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred major in Hospitality, Finance, and/or Business management.
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club, along with the typical CMAA benefits, offers an excellent benefit package.
Snowmass Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your resume and cover letter (in that order) using the link below. You should have your documents fully prepared to be attached when prompted for them during the online application process.
IMPORTANT: Save your resume and letter in the following manner:
“Last Name, First Name Resume” &
“Last Name, First Name Cover Letter”
(These documents should be in Word or PDF format)
Note: Once you complete the application process for this search, you are not able to go back in and add additional documents.
For directions on how to upload your resume and cover letter visit this page.
If you have any questions please email Nan Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Search Executives:
KOPPLIN KUEBLER & WALLACE
Thomas B. Wallace III
KOPPLIN KUEBLER & WALLACE